Custom Sites vs. Template Sites
Stand out with a custom website design
Do your business a favor and get away from generic web design, plugins, and extra maintenance costs.
Custom website design is a purpose-built home for your business. JTech’s custom websites are designed and developed from the ground up by trained web design professionals specifically for your business and your business only.
In contrast, template web design is almost always a short term solution. You lease tech to deploy a predictable, pre-built site with minimal effort. Template websites are hard to maintain, and always come with unexpected costs. You can think of a website template builder like a cookie-cutter, pre-fab home—meeting the bare minimum but not exceeding anyone’s expectations.
Website Design & Banding
Example branding development for Sphinx Mountain Outiftting from pencil thumbnails, to roughs, to final logo execution.
Custom Website: Full Branding & Design
Custom website designs offer complete flexibility for design and layout, allowing your brand and services to shine. If your company needs:
- Impactful logo design and branding
- Consistent, compelling, on-brand copy
- ADA accessible custom web development
- Custom eCommerce website with no recurring fees
- Targeted aesthetic design strategy
- Mobile-ready responsive web design
- Integrated search engine optimization
- Locally monitored and hosted servers
A custom web design is probably for you! JTech’s custom web design team can build you a cohesive digital brand identity that can grow with your business.
Template Website: Limited Design Services
Template websites can help you with some, but not all, of your web design. Website layout template tools like Wix, WordPress, GoDaddy, Google, or Squarespace will typically have one or all of these common development pitfalls:
- Limited logo design and site customization
- Inconsistent, non-local, outsourced copy
- eCommerce website templates often require expensive subscriptions
- Disregard ADA accessibility guidelines
- No aesthetic design strategy
- Minimally responsive web design
- Minimal SEO integration
- Disappointing customer support and monitoring
A template website inherently asks you to compromise on your online presence before you even start—hindering your business’s long-term digital success.
Want to talk to someone about distinctively branding your custom website or app?Schedule Consultation
Custom vs Template Website Performance
Custom Website: Superior Performance
Custom websites are purposefully developed and tested from the ground up for load speed, mobile responsiveness, and search engine optimization (SEO).
- According to Google, bounce rates increase 32% as page load time goes from 1 second to 3 seconds and 90% from 1 second to 5 seconds.
- Custom website designs have CSS optimized by a team of professional developers
- Mobile traffic accounts for roughly 50% of all global web traffic
- According to BrightEdge, SEO drives 1,000%+ more traffic than organic social media
Template Website: Poor Performance
Website template companies such as WordPress, GoDaddy, Google, Squarespace, and Wix want to please as many customers as possible. This one-size-fits-all attitude affords little attention to load speed, mobile responsiveness, and SEO.
- 3rd party plugins slow sites down
- Free website templates often have poorly optimized CSS
- Website templates lack integrated mobile responsiveness
- Often use low-quality, duplicate code
Is your current site slow, broken, or not showing up? Jtech’s team of professional custom website developers can help.
Is your current site slow, broken, or not showing up? We can help.
Custom vs Template Website Growth and Scalability
Custom Website: Flexibility
Possibilities for growth and scalability are endless with a custom website. Some key benefits are:
- Custom designed websites can grow with a business
- Allows for the evolution of content, functionality and adaptability
- eCommerce website expansion is simple and built in
- Save time and money with a team of professionals to make targeted adjustments
Template Website: Limited Framework
Template website builders such as Wix, GoDaddy, WordPress, Google and Squarespace have rigid limitations due to the template design format and code. This means:
- Website templates are rigid and cannot easily evolve with your business
- Limited site adaptability for shifting market needs
- eCommerce website templates can lock you into a single vertical
- You’ll have to start from scratch to redesign or add new features to the site
Is your web design ready to grow and evolve with your Montana business? Learn more about our custom web design options todaySchedule Consultation
Custom vs Template Website Security
Custom Website: Peace of Mind
Custom, purpose-built websites work as designed without needing third-party plugins, which are vulnerable to hacking and oversight. If you want to keep your site safe, a custom developed website from JTech offers:
- 24-hour security monitoring
- Decades of experience creating reliable, secure websites
- In-house, local server hosting
- Regular framework maintenance and updates
The internet can be a dangerous place, don’t let your data fall into the wrong hands—develop a secure, beautiful website design with our custom website design company’s team.
Template Website: Security Concerns
Template website builders like WordPress, Google, GoDaddy, Wix, and Squarespace are not the most secure. However, WordPress is the worst offender. Why is that?
- Canned, template websites, like Wordpress, host on massive, insecure shared servers
- Unknown developer and server engineer experience and skill level
- 3rd party plugins give hackers a back door to attack your site
- According to WordFence, they blocked 168,000 malicious attacks per minute in 2022—imagine how many they missed.
Don’t let your site’s security be left up to a website layout template builder service. Work with a trusted, Bozeman-based custom web design partner to create a safe and secure solution.
Looking for security on the web?
Custom vs Template Support & Maintenance
Custom Website: Ongoing Support
A custom site deserves custom support. JTech’s custom developed websites are built to be secure, effective homes for your business with our team offering long-term client support to keep your website at its best.
- Gain a trusted partner that provides a professional marketing and client support team
- Reduce overhead with less maintenance needs
- Custom eCommerce websites from JTech come with a direct connection to a local team
- Enjoy peace of mind with a locally supported and maintained custom web design
Template: Disappearing Support
After the initial design and launch process, template websites such as WordPress, GoDaddy, Squarespace and Wix are known for pawning sites off to third party hosts. This means:
- Free website templates don’t include personalized marketing or technical support
- eCommerce website templates don’t offer great support
- Unexpected costs and maintenance
- No accountability for your site or its success
Looking for website designs and support you can rely on? Reach out to JTech for local Bozeman Web design.Schedule Consultation
Set Yourself Apart on the Web
Your web design is a reflection of your unique brand—make sure it's beautiful, polished, intuitive, accessible, fast, and secure. So, don't cut corners. Go with a JTech™ custom web design from our Bozeman company.