Web Design and SEO Blog
Take The Guesswork Out of Marketingby Mira Brody in Optimization, SEO, Tools & Tips
Why Web Analytics Are Important for Your Marketing StrategyMost businesses spend between 7-8% of their revenue on marketing and advertising. Since it’s likely your business is spending about the same, are you aware of where this valuable expense is going and whether or not is is paying off? It is important to be closely tracking your marketing efforts and how customers are engaging with your brand and website so that you can be sure you are getting a return on investment. In this article we’ll explain why your business needs the valuable data that web analytics provides and how you can get started today!
Why Web Analytics are Important for Your BusinessWeb analytics give your business insight on user behavior, specifically how people engage with your site which allows you to make more informed marketing decisions, With the data that analytics gives you and a solid SEO & PPC campaign you will convert more leads into paying customers, spread your message and strengthen your brand. Here are some powerful metrics that website analytics provide:
- Audience demographics including age, gender and location. This can help you to create content that you know will interest your audience and drive web engagement.
- Whether people are engaging with your site’s content or not. This will help you to form a more effective content marketing strategy.
- Track what channels your traffic are coming from including social media platforms, direct and organic traffic, paid campaigns, and referrals from any other site and get insight into the ROI on specific marketing campaigns.
- Information on your total revenue and conversion rates and topic products for ecommerce sites. You can determine what areas along your sales funnel are causing the most users to drop off, giving you an opportunity to improve your site and increase conversions.
- The ability to set goals, such as how many people are submitting a contact form, making a purchase, or scheduling an appointment. This allows you to measure the effectiveness of your site for moving your users to action so you can make any necessary changes to improve these behaviors.
- Google’s search console can allow you to see what keywords your website is ranking for in Google searches. This will allow you to make more informed and strategic SEO decisions.