Full-Time, Experienced Production Director
JTech Communications is looking for an experienced, full-time Production Director who will be an integral part of our production team – coordinating production team employees, project schedules, and clients to increase productivity and improve our scheduling and project management. Candidates must be mature, technical leaders with superb written and oral communication.
JTech is a custom web, app and digital marketing firm serving Bozeman, Montana and communities across the rocky mountains. We believe that everyone deserves custom technology and have successfully served entrepreneurs, small businesses and large corporations for the past 23 years.
The Production Director role requires someone with many years of experience managing and inspiring teams of people to successfully complete projects on time and on budget. They need strong project and production scheduling skills, including managing timelines, allocating resources, creating and using tools such as GANTT charts and other project management software. They will need to be able to juggle a myriad of projects, from small to large, that flow through a busy development team. They must possess strong communication skills, both written and oral, as communicating is a critical aspect of leading and serving.
This role requires a technical background, preferably in web technology, as this person needs to understand the challenges presented by our work and help guide the team to complete it. A former full-stack or back-end web developer who has moved into project management is preferred but not required.. They must have superb critical thinking and problem solving skills, the ability to harness their own talents and those of their team, and uphold the company’s principal of delivering a quality products.
- Manage a production team of designers, writers and developers to successfully complete projects that range from small modifications of existing websites to custom built sites and multi-year web application projects.
- Understand how websites and web apps work, are designed and developed including the underlying technologies used.
- Create and maintain a master production schedule with input and buy-in from the production team. Harness team members’ abilities and optimize the use of their time. Hold the team accountable to the schedule.
- Coordinate with clients in order to present options, obtain feedback and gather information that will ultimately deliver a project that thrills our clients. Keep clients well informed of their project status.
- Streamline production operations and increase output by actively and proactively searching for ways to increase efficiencies.
Position reports to: President with a dotted line to VP Technology.
Compensation: Salary based on experience and ability. JTech offers paid vacation, PTO, IRA, health insurance w/ an HSA, and more.
Interview Schedule: Interviews begin week of October 12th.