ABOUT THE POSITION
JTech Communications is looking for an experienced, full-time Digital Content Specialist who will be an integral part of our production team – writing, editing, choosing/coordinating the creation of visual assets, photography and video, and everything else involved with the creation of content used in the production of custom websites. Candidates should have superb written and verbal communication skills, experience in the writing, editing, and proofreading of websites and online publications, be able to interview clients, do research on any topic, define a voice and then quickly write content that promotes client products services and brand, source and identify stock photography, collaborate with and coordinate designers and photographers to produce supporting visual assets, and posses the ability to take ownership of the success of the messaging and content while being a supportive member of a team. This person is not afraid to think big or speak up and thrives in a fast paced environment.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
JTech is a custom web, app and digital marketing firm serving Bozeman, Montana and communities across the rocky mountains. We believe that everyone deserves custom technology and have successfully served entrepreneurs, small businesses and large corporations for the past 22 years. We're busy and growing but also are a close team of people that has fun while working hard.
As a Digital Content Specialist, you are responsible for writing, editing, and producing all content used in our own and clients' projects as a member of the production team.
This position is responsible for:
- Writing and editing marketing copy on a wide-variety of subjects
- Interview stakeholders and research topics necessary to produce superb content
- Find/select/coordinate the production of visual assets that support the messaging
- Work closely with graphic designers to produce compelling and beautiful compositions
- Working closely with the Digital Marketing team to implement their content vision
- Appropriately incorporate and harness keywords provided by the Digital Marketing department
- Maintaining close communication with clients on behalf of the Production department
- Assisting with the quality assurance and testing of websites
- And other responsibilities delegated by the Production team
- Bachelors degree in marketing or other related degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum two years in marketing communications or other content creation role
- Have experience in writing, editing, proofreading for websites and online publications (blog, email marketing, promotions and ads, social media)
- Be/be able to become proficient in a range of office machines and software (Mac OSX, Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher, Apple Mail/Pages/Numbers, Adobe InDesign/Photoshop/Adobe Creative Suite, HTML, Google AdWords/Analytics)
- Be well-organized, a self-starter, able to work efficiently independently but able to take supervision, able to juggle multiple projects and deadlines at once, take initiative and prioritize time in a fast paced collaborative environment to get the job done
- Fast and creative marketing writer
- Strong eye for excellent visual composition
ADDITIONAL DESIRABLE SKILLS
This is a full-time, in-house position in Bozeman, Montana. Interviews begin 12/2/19.
- Familiar with SEO needs and techniques
- Design, video creation, illustration, animation abilities
- Project management experience
Position reports to: President
Compensation and benefits: Competitive salary based on experience and ability. JTech offers paid vacation, PTO, IRA w/employer matching, health insurance w/ an HSA, and more.
To apply: Click the button below and be prepared to supply:
- A brief PDF cover letter explaining why you would like this position.
- Your resume as a PDF attachment.
- Anything else that's creative and shows a bit about who you are.